Ten Things to Do with a Bottle of Tamoxifen

There is nothing more real than that moment you face medication for cancer treatment.  Diagnoses are one thing; when you take medication you have resigned yourself to the road of treatment that lies ahead.  Much of it cloaked in dark shadows and filled with lots of pot holes.  I just hope the scenery is salvageable.

I got to thinking: what are ten things you could do with a bottle of Tamoxifen?  Send me your submissions and I’ll include them in the post.

10. Still Life

9. Make-up Brush Holder

8. Garnish

7. Thought Bubble

6. Cat Toy

5. Paper Weight

4. Yarn Ball Winder

3. Christmas Ornament

2. Crafts

1. Medication. Just take the damned thing.

Reader submissions!

Bud vase.  Credit: @jackiefox12. October 2012.

New Boobs!  From Diane. (2012)

New boobs! Credit Diane. December 2012

This entry was posted in Discovery and Stage II, Just for Laughs and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Ten Things to Do with a Bottle of Tamoxifen

1. Jo Ann Feeler says:

Love the bottle-boobs. This was my first real laugh today. Thank you. Some days you realize you are not really alone, it just feels like it. (stage iv right lobular & stage III left situ – found 72 hours apart)

2. Karen Linda says:

Snork! My favourite is the shot of the tamoxif. bottle boobs! Too bad I take anastrozole (which only comes in a box here in Brazil). It’s the first time I have seen your site and I am enjoying your writing very much … I’ll be back. All the best to you!

3. I’ve just laughed out loud at some of your photos and captions, I’m starting Tamoxifen next week, and it’s now opening up all sorts of possibilities!

4. You are priceless.

I would like to see the squirrels around myself bury tamoxifen instead of the the acorns I routinely find.

~jody

5. Elaine Finlay says:

Fill it half full of lentils and it makes a wonderful rattle for little ones: and the top is childproof!

6. Alli says:

Sitting on my desk is the empty bottle of Tamoxifen in it are paper clips and pennies oh and a wisdom tooth I had extracted ..a few years ago..hmmm maybe I should put the bottle and tooth under my pillow? Do you think the cancer fairy will come? Shoo away my cancer? Oh wishful thinking……Alli xx

7. I just found this post via Cancer Hawk and found it to be delightfully amusing and of course sarcastic. I’m not on Tamoxifen, but Anastrozole and I hate it! I simply hate it for the new issues it is creating for me. Anyway, this gave me a good chuckle today. Thanks!

8. Jane says:

Hi Scorchy. Jane from Denver here (@jpete008). I can’t believe I chose today to read this blog. Not 15 minutes ago I said to myself – just take the damn thing! 10 days down, 1800+ to go.

9. Roz warren says:

My suggestion: you can hand it to the next member of the medical profession you have to deal with who is rude or insensitive and politely ask them to shove it up their butt. But remove the pills first.

10. Ginny Marie says:

Oh, the memories…too bad I didn’t save any of the bottles!

It’s great to be able to laugh at tamoxifen. My oncologist said I could stop taking it in April this year. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Crystal says:

Why do the pills have to be pink, of all colors?

13. I’m totally stealing your Christmas ornament idea. Now I can be one of those annoying people who has finished her shopping before Halloween–done!!

14. I would like to give it back to the people who invented it, and have them give a second go around of remaking it again without the problems of 200 drug interaction with meds, food, drinks and herbs. Genelex.com is were you will find the truth about this drug monster.

15. michael says:

i like the tree ornament. made me smile 🙂

16. You made me laugh…thanks for the giggle! 🙂

17. rebecca2000 says:

You’re amazingly funny. I would add:

1. a house for rolly pollies
    2. a soup dipper
    3. bath toy
    4. portion control ice cream bowl
    5. a dance partner

I am sorry you’re dealing with this but I am glad to have found your blog. I might share it with a few friends. 😉

((hugs))
    Becca

18. Crystal says:

Love the thought bubble and the yarn ball winder!