I Caved

Some months ago I asked if The Sarcastic Boob should have a Facebook presence.  This was motivated by both suggestions from my readers and a general desire on my part to reach out to as many people as possible.  I posted a poll to help me decide.  The result was an overwhelming majority of people on in favor of a Facebook page.  But I still declined; not because of the idea itself but because I thought it would take over my life.

But since then I’ve become aware of the real utility of a Facebook page.  There are articles and comments I wish to share without full out re-blogging of blog posts or solely utilizing Twitter.  Many of the women with whom I’ve been engaged on discussion boards do not use Twitter.  And technology, as it usually does, has come to the rescue so that I can schedule posts in advance and push them to where I want them.  With the spirit that there is probably a lot of room on Facebook for a lot of different views, The Sarcastic Boob is now part of another segment of the social media mainstream.

So please visit the page, give it a thumbs up, and use it to share your information resources and your thoughts!   I know a lot of you will be pleased.

Yeah, I know, but even a Sarcastic Boob can claim the prerogative to change her mind when it suits her.

Capture

This entry was posted in Advocacy. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to I Caved

1. keithw says:

Glad you caved. It’s just another venue. Respect Scorchy!

2. helensamia says:

Visited and liked!! Then found your blog…

3. DrAttai says:

You didn’t cave (unless I did a while back, too!) – you are correct – there are things that you can post and link to on FB that are hard to do on your own blog, and some discussions call for more than 140 characters. I’ve “liked” your page – looking forward to more good stuff from you!

4. I visited your page, Scorchy and it looks good!

5. Carolyn says:

I’ve had one FB page ready, two actually, trying to keep both sides of life with MBC separate. I’m still on the fence whether to go live with either. I might end up just putting one up, all inclusive… As hard as I try, I can’t seem to separate the living with the dying part. Off to like your page, your blog dear Scorchy is always good reading. I bet your FB page will the same.

Carolyn, you are so kind. Well, this MBC is a real trip. How to separate these things. I don’t know how to do it. I feel so good right now that I can scarcely believe that I have MBC. Put it all up in one big mess–we can’t separate it. Dammit, we just can’t separate it. xoxoxo

6. Good for you. I think it will make things easier for you. xo

I recently made a Facebook page too. (Out of boredom, not for any demand or do anything worthwhile like yours.) I’ll be liking ASAP!

Well, I don’t know how interesting it’ll be–the jury will be out for sometime to judge on whether or not it’s really worth the effort. Thanks for liking the page!