Boycott

Capture

Image | This entry was posted in Advocacy, Breastploitation, Social Commentary, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Boycott

1. Swinging by to say hello. Wait for it… Hello.
    ox ox oxen.

2. Just stopping in to say that I’m thinking of you…
    xoxoxo

3. rupertbu2013 says:

Did you suffer from being premature? πŸ˜‰ Today is 29 October, 2013, but my #feedly tells no lies

4. Nadia says:

Right on! (Me, too!)

5. keithw says:

Anything which makes people feel good in the the face of the awful is almost guaranteed to be a marketing success. People want to feel good, and pinktobercaust makes people believe they are actually helping by showing their support, in this case through no support, but they feel good about it. I am waiting for a flash-mob/Glee/Twilight mutation event, whereby cancer is tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail in effigy. The art of High Schmuckery will have attained its apogee.

6. Me too! I noticed yesterday that the cranberry juice I bought for my kids had a tiny pink ribbon on it. I damn near poured it out, then I realized I’d already bought it so it was too late. Upon closer inspection, I noticed the pink ribbon was for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and not that god-awful Komen, so I felt marginally better. But the boycott continues!

7. maesprose says:

I guess it’s safe to assume you won’t be going braless for the cause today too?

Stay in your cone of silence… it’s the safest place!

8. Great image! I know I haven’t been around much, but I’ve thought of you many times.
    The Cone of Silence — good one!!

9. Irene says:

Hi Sis, I don’t usually comment but enjoy all of your writings. I work at a grocery store, and can’t stand the pink, it drives us all crazy when we have to put the stuff up. But then was thinking as I was puting travel tissues up with the little pink ribbon……..lolo…….What an amazing accomplishment. Who thought of this, had to be a woman. And all of the walks, how organized. The money that’s raised, very impressive. Although I hate the pink ribbon I do have one on my name tag for work. So many of our customers are dealing with Cancer one way or another. So I wear the pin to show my support. So all of us who can’t stand the pin, we still need to appreciate what it stands for. Loosing a husband from cancer and now Seeing my Sis dealing with it. Too close and personal. I am very proud of you Sis and all you do.
    love you Scorchy

10. I also chose to boycott it. It needs to be addressed, but so many in the blogosphere are doing such a great job of it that I decided to boycott it with silence on my blog, without a mention, posting like it’s just another day.

11. Caroline says:

Girlcotting! Why were there little pink ribbons on everything in the damn grocery store?

12. AnneMarie says:

Comments are making me laugh… Girlcotting… Good one, Jan! The eggs… yeah, been there, too. I was blindsided by my milk container. Actually, there is some sort of poetic nonsense in the milk container but my chemobrain can’t come up with a good, quick and snappy correlation…..

13. I am with you! pink, schmink. love you, karen

14. juneaubugg (aka Jennifer) says:

I hear ya! Can I just tell you.. I hate pink and am sick of people giving and buying me pick things!!! argh.

15. Will you join me for Movember? πŸ˜‰

16. This made me laugh out loud. Okay, I know it’s very serious . . . but still, I guess I was expecting a long post, and then saw the simple image. It’s great. To be honest, if it weren’t for the blogosphere, I’d hardly notice it was pinktober. Maybe that’s because I live in a mental bubble. Or in Canada. Or a mental bubble in Canada.

17. Deborah says:

I bought some eggs at the store the other day and opened them up today and guess what??? they had the pink ribbon on them. What the heck Egglands Best! I’ve been trying to avoid the pink mania and this one caught me off guard.

18. Jan Hasak says:

Good for you! I agree, except that I am girlcotting it. xo